A fireplace, which broke out on the Eden Gardens on Wednesday night time, has not prompted any main damages to the stadium which is being renovated for the upcoming ODI World Cup.
“A fireplace broke out final night time at 11.50 pm. Individuals who had been working right here noticed smoke after which the hearth. Instantly, two hearth tenders had been pressed into motion and flames had been doused very quickly. There was no injury to the dressing room as such. Just some cables had been burnt,” Cricket Affiliation of Bengal (CAB) president Snehasish Ganguly advised reporters on Thursday.
The reason for the hearth was the heating of the sauna heater from which sparks unfold to the stacks of towels saved shut by, he knowledgeable.
Ganguly mentioned the broken cables can be modified in a few days and the incident wouldn’t have an effect on the deadlines for ending the renovation works. “Actually there isn’t any sabotage angle,” he added.